THE BEST OF ALL MARINE RADIO: Tony Zinni spends almost two hours discussing leadership and world events with Mike McNamara.
The interview covers General Zinni’s career and lessons learned from Vietnam, Somalia, Desert Storm, Iraq and his experiences at CENTCOM. Of particular interest are his thoughts on the moral obligations of leaders, he reflects on the moral dilemmas of Secretary of State Colin Powell and JCS-J3 LtGen Greg Newbold — incredible candid stuff.
One of the greatest Marines of our generation, this interview puts his great gifts on display.
Brigadier General Dave Furness, USMC, joined ALL MARINE RADIO for a blunt one-hour and forty-five minute interview. Here’s what was covered:
(1) Online behavior for Marines, the UCMJ and 1st and 4th Amendment rights
(2) The marines united investigation
(3) Can the Marine Corps monitor the internet for such behavior or is it an “unreasonable search”?
(4) Recruit Training: where is the Marine Corps relative to gender integration at MCRD?
(5) Recruiting females “more suited” for the Marine Corps and “poolee standards” for females
(6) Can the “OCS” model (female platoons in male companies) work for all recruits at Parris Island?
(7) DISCIPLINE. Privacy in the BEQ is an issue the Marine Corps struggles with; does living like civilians in a dormitory contribute to the feeling that Marines are still mostly civilians and therefore civilian behavioral standards apply?
A candid interview with the second Marine General Officer to speak at length on the issue.
MajGen Jarvis Lynch, USMC (ret) joins us to discuss the challenge of adapting an organization with high values to the sinking secular values of our nation. “Marines United” is just one example of the disparity between behavior that is now common in our nation and USMC “Corps Values.”
Mac discusses the “Vito Corleone” School of Leadership
Mac analyzes two audio cuts from former President George W. Bush TV appearances on February 27, 2017; one from the Today Show on NBC and another from Fox’s Sean Hannity… a great illustration of how hosts parse questions seeking to make very specific news headlines.