Richard Solis is a former Sergeant in the Marine Corps, he’s currently employed by Elite Aerospace in Irvine CA. He joined ALL MARINE RADIO to talk about his career and his transition from active duty Marine to full-time civilian employment via the Hiring Our Heroes’ Corporate Fellowship Program at Camp Pendleton.
One of the opportunities that Elite Aerospace has provided Richard in addition to his regular duties is working on their SWING FORE THE VETS Golf Tournament, a fundraiser that benefits a series of veteran charities, we’ll hear about the details of that event from Richard .
Bob Nilsson, former Capt USMC, Founder of the 100 Entrepreneurs Project joins us to talk Memorial Day, Capt Luis Avila singing at the 2017 National Memorial Day Concert, traumatic brain injuries… the latest news about the Wounded Warrior Project and jobs at Turner Construction.
Bob is the Patron Saint of ALL MARINE RADIO… an incredible Man.
Daryl Hill, a former USMC Major and infantry officer joins us to discuss his consulting business which focuses on helping veterans overcome Post-Traumatic Stress and live better lives — additionally, Daryl assists individuals in conquering daemons that hold them back in business.
PART 2 of 2
Dusty Baxley is the Executive Director of Boulder Crest Retreat, a former Army Ranger and an certified Transcendental Meditation teacher; he joined us today to discuss the concept of “POST-TRAUMATIC GROWTH.”
(1) The one week resident program
(2) The 18 month team program
(3) The low percentage of PTSD in veterans who were imprisoned at the Hanoi Hilton during the Vietnam War, how could that be given the severity of their treatment and experience.
(4) We talk about the origin of the term “Post-Traumatic Grow” — a term born out of the growth observed in parents of children who died after long fights with cancer.
(5) BOULDER CREST RETREAT IS EXPANDING TO ARIZONA! A second facility is in the works and staff is needed. Exciting news!
Phil Smith, Col USMC (ret), joins us to discuss transitioning as a “retiree” which is different. Phil’s advice:
(1) Do your VA medical screening while on Active Duty.
(2) Plan Financially!
(3) Work with the VA, you gotta do a little bit of work — copies of your records and your DD214.
(4) Network through LinkedIn!
Daryl Hill, former Major USMC, joins us to talk about living with Post-Traumatic Stress and how he works with veterans to help them to continue to live productive lives.
He helped me.
Alex Hollings, former Sgt USMC and currently a contributing editor at SOFREP joins us to discuss his career in the Marine Corps and his path to becoming a writer at SOFREP.
We also engage Alex in a liberal arts discussion about where he goes to to find quality reporting in today’s “click driven” world of journalism and the role that media businesses like SOFREP and ALL MARINE RADIO play in our current media landscape! GREAT STUFF!
Daryl Hill, former Major USMC, joins us to talk about his career as an infantry including his tour with 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment — serving in the “March Up” — and the business of mentoring.
Daryl’s mentoring focuses on HOW TO FACE YOUR FEARS AND BREAK THROUGH YOUR BULLSHIT. Listen to his story and how he achieve results.
He helped me.