The ALL MARINE RADIO Head Chef, Kim Holmes joined us to talk FOOD on Friday (as well as the PBS Series on Vietnam). Kim addresses whether there is there any reason to use margarine instead of butter in cooking? Kim also addresses how to “put out three-alarm fire” that rages in your grill when you cook fatty dishes like chicken with the skin on and ribeye steaks.
Rob Schwarz joins us to talk about:
(1) The Ken Burns PBS documentary The Vietnam War
(2) The first female Second Lieutenant to get through the Infantry Officer’s Course, what does he think?
(3) His solutions to “The Wall,” “Dreamers” and the “parents of Dreamers”
The Boys discuss the events of this day sixteen years ago, a day that changed their lives and the lives of family members and friends forever.
The Boys discuss how the Navy trains Surface Warfare Officers… and discipline in light of the firing of the head of the 7th Fleet.
THIS IS A GREAT INTERVIEW!
Captain Lauren Serrano, USMC joined us to discuss her experiences writing and speaking about gender issues in the Marine Corps and the U.S. Military. Our frank discussion addressed :
(1) Individual Marine and public reaction to her first article “Why Women Do Not Belong in the U.S. Infantry”
(2) Her discussions with DOD PAO-types as she prepared of a CNN Military Forum where she was specifically asked to address the gender issue with President Obama
(3) Her motivation for writing her second Gazette article published in the July 2017 edition entitled “To Get Out, or Not to Get Out?: Gender crisis in the Marine Corps” — and her policy recommendations for retention of career oriented female Marines who desire to have children
(4) By virtue of pushing for higher physical standards for women, is the Marine Corps pushing women who desire to be mothers and career Marines out of the Marine Corps?
(5) Why the issue of gender is such a difficult for Marines to discuss frankly in open forums
Captain Serrano is a great example of a leader who speaks her mind in an articulate manner. She also offers all Marines substantial issues to ponder.
Not only did we pay them… but we gave them a ride back to their home and then often, fought them and detained them again!
We talk about the cultural differences between the American & Middle Eastern military cultures… especially they way they value life and behave during and after combat.