The Commanding General of Task Force Southwest that is currently deployed to the Helmand Province of Afghanistan is BGen Dale Alford, he joined ALL MARINE RADIO today to discuss the state of operations there and the future of the Helmand Province. During the hour-long interview BGen Alford discusses the following topics:
- The current role the TF Southwest plays in Afghan combat operations
- The percentage of the Helmand Province that is currently controlled by the Government forces
- The view that citizens of Helmand Province have of current peace talks
- The economic future of a Province that is the “opium mother lode” of Afghanistan
- The role that US Forces will play in a “post-peace agreement” Afghanistan
- His views about the current “discipline” discussion that is ongoing in the Marine Corps
A GREAT interview, don’t miss it.