Grant Newsham is a senior research fellow at the Japan Forum for Strategic Studies and a retired United States Marine Officer. He was the first US Marine liaison officer to the Japan Ground Self Defense force and was instrumental in promoting the JSDF’s initial moves towards an amphibious capability. He joined ALL MARINE RADIO this week to discuss:
- The US-China Trade dispute… what’s next? WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CHINESE BUSINESS MODEL OF EXTORTION IF THE US MAKES THEM STOP INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THEFTS & FORCED TECHNOLOGY TRANSFERS?
- Freedom of Navigation operations in the South China Sea now include India
- North Korea is firing Russian missiles in the Pacific Ocean theses day
- Japan… doing the two-step with China… military issues vs business interests
- Taiwan… the red headed step-child of the Pacific… it NEVER has actually belonged to China
We’ll talk about all of that… don’t miss it.