Grant Newsham is a senior research fellow at the Japan Forum for Strategic Studies and a retired United States Marine Officer. He was the first US Marine liaison officer to the Japan Ground Self Defense force and was instrumental in promoting the JSDF’s initial moves towards an amphibious capability.
- The #1 story in today’s newspapers in Taipei
- What’s next in Hong Kong?
- The “Treaty on Basic Relations between Japan and South Korea” of 1965 (to settle all disputes that stemmed from Japan colonization of South Korea from 1905-1965) — what is it?
- What is the GSOMIA agreement?
- The growing Chinese amphibious fleet — what does it mean?
- What does a war in the South China Sea mean?