Grant Newsham is a senior research fellow at the Japan Forum for Strategic Studies, a senior research fellow at the Center for Security Policy and a retired United States Marine Officer. He was the first US Marine liaison officer to the Japan Ground Self Defense force and was instrumental in promoting the JSDF’s initial moves towards an amphibious capability. He joined ALL MARINE RADIO today to talk about:
- There is a business showdown happening in China over the abuse of members of the Uyghurs and other predominantly Muslim ethnic minorities in Xinjiang — most businesses have been able to tip-toe around this issue for the past few years since it became public… late last week China virtually erased “H&M” as a retailer in China for “lies” it has told about events in Xinjiang… Nike, who ALWAYS seeks to avoid these confrontations despite its “social consciousness” around the rest of the planet got embroiled in it last week as well… we’ll talk about it
- North Korea is launching missiles again… we’ll talk about it
- Myanmar (formerly Burma) seems to be spiraling into further violence as the Myanmar military opened fire on a funeral for protesters over the weekend… killing over 100 civilians… we’ll talk about it
- The Philippines is dealing with a “swarm” of over 200 Chinese militia ships that have occupied space in the South China Sea INSIDE the economic exclusion zone of the Philippines… and rumors have it that the Chinese will begin to fortify yet another atoll in a direct “poke in the chest” to the Biden Administration… we’ll talk about it
- Taiwan… seems to be gaining in prestige… can that be true?